Resin tips and tricks
Resin is a versatile medium for creating jewellery, sculpture, artwork and more. The finish is instantly recognisable by its high-gloss finish and unique depth of glass-like coating. We´ve put together a resin guide to get you going.
- Always wear clothes that can be ruined.
- Use a hot glue gun or matte medium to secure your decorative items.
- To make the resin drops easier to remove later, add petroleum jelly to the underside of the canvas.
- If you are covering a canvas with resin, tape the edges to form a bezel. This holds the resin on the surface and it doesnt drip down the sides.
- Resin is sticky, so always wear gloves.
- Always wear a protective mask when you are working with resin
- Cover your work surface with a parchment sheet on a table that will be undisturbed for 24 hours.
- Cure your resin in a location that’s level.
- The best time to pick off the little drips of resin from the back of the canvas is 24 hours after curing.
- Don’t touch your project until it’s cured.
If you are curious about creating art with resin, we are hosting an event on the 10th of april.